What is a glacier that moves in a surge called?

Asked by Alex

A glacier that has periodic episodes of faster and slower flow is called a surge-type glacier. You can learn more about Surge-Type glaciers here.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

This site uses cookies. Find out more about this site’s cookies.